Most of Bruce’s blog-posts are just photos: the literary spirit had fled!
Day 1 (28 August): Home to Waverley, Newcastle to North Shields
- cyclemeter map: home to Waverley
- cyclemeter map: Newcastle to NorthShields
- Elly’s blog-post: days 1 to 3
- Bruce’s blog-post
Day 2 (29 August): 29 IJMuiden to Alkmaar
Day 3 (30 August): Alkmaar to Texel
Day 4 (31 August): visiting den Burg
Day 5 (01 September): around Texel
Day 6 (02 September): to den Burg, then de Koog
Day 7 (03 September): Oudeschild and de Waal
Day 8 (04 September): Texel to Enkhuizen, via Anna Paulowna
- We were going to cycle from Texel to Enkhuizen but rain stopped play. Fortunately there are trains. There are many ways to say ‘Enkhuizen’, depending on whether you speak Dutch, Frysk or fake Hereford accent. I suspect the latter is less likely to be right.
- cyclemeter map
Day 9 (05 September): Zuiderzee museum
- cyclemeter maps: a ferry-ride from the outdoors part of the museum to Enkhuizen rail station. (no cycling today. We were too busy enjoying the museum.)
- Elly’s blog-post: days 9 and 10
- Bruce’s blog-post (just photos)
Day 10 (06 September): Enkhuizen to Lelystad
Day 11 (07 September): Batavialand (in Lelystad)
Day 12 (08 September): Lelystad to Zaandam
Day 13 (09 September): coffee-stop!
No cycling today, in fact not much movement due to rain, general lethargy and need for large amounts of coffee.
Day 14 (10 September): around the Alkmaardermeer
Day 15 (11 September): coffee-stop!
No cycling today, in fact not much movement due to rain, general lethargy and need for even larger amounts of coffee.
Day 16 (12 September): Zaandam to IJMuiden, ferry to North Shields
Day 17 (13 September): North Shields to Newcastle, Waverley to home
- cyclemeter map: North Shields to Newcastle
- Bruce’s tweet
- cyclemeter map: Waverley to home
- Bruce’s tweet