From start to finish, my GoPro was with me. Continue reading
Clearly there is a lot I’m not going to say in this public forum.
- On-going foot-pain after travelling on many buses and trains in the past few days.
- Today’s appointment with CAB advisor was postponed because she was off sick. She says she is likely to ‘drag herself in’ tomorrow. So I’m hopefully meeting with her to prepare my sister’s PIP appeal tomorrow lunchtime, then going to hospital to visit my mother.
- Just now I feel very unprepared for the appeal.
- She is still in a hospital over an hour away from her home by bus or train.
- Treatment for her conditions has started, now that tests taken on Friday or Saturday of last week have filtered through to the relevant specialists.
- However, understandably there’s no indication yet of when she might be allowed home or moved to a hospital in her home town. That brings up some fears.
- However, she is lucid and chatty, and very much herself
- Also the staff at her current hospital are clearly very caring, and have time to put this into practice.
- My sister’s appeal against not being awarded personal independence payments takes place on next week in Worcester. I have a meeting with the CAB staffer who has been advising us in Tuesday. So my current plans are to go to Worcester on Sunday, returning Saturday 27. While I’m away, a lot of other stuff is going to take a back seat.
- On the way to a community council meeting this evening, I was cycling around a roundabout. I wear a hi-viz helmet cover and wrist-bands, and my bike has reflectors on every other spoke. It was about 4:10pm, with no hindrances to visibility. And yet someone still drove onto the roundabout, into the space I would have been in if I hadn’t braked quite hard. To this person, I can only say Fuck you very much, you SMIDSY-sucking arsewipe.
- While I was at the meeting, my brother phoned to tell me our mother has been taken into hospital, in a town 30 minutes’ drive from Worcester. This was about 5pm. As of 15 minutes ago, she was still waiting to be seen by an A&E doctor. The A&E sister told me that it’s not likely that there will be any news until 2 hours from now.
- distance cycled: maybe 5 miles around Haarlem.
- No luggage, so I won’t include it in our total
- cumulative cycling: 954.0 miles
- Distance cycled: 39.0 miles (Rotterdam to Hook of Holland to Den Haag station, Haarlem station to hotel)
- cumulative cycling: 954 miles