|2014-08-05 22:09:00||In need of raucous music||Manic Street Preacher’s cover of ‘Theme from M*A*S*H’ reverberating around my head|
If you’re sick of the schoolboys knocking verbal lumps out of each other and simplifying to the point of lies*, and of all the other adversarial shite around the independence referendum, then I can heartily recommend a day of independence dialogue centred on respect and reconciliation.
Run by Collaborative Scotland – a brainchild of John Sturrock QC, a tireless worker for mediation and a lawyer combining brains and compassion – this day brings conversations with
- Douglas Alexander MP, shadow foreign secretary
- Andrew Wilson, former SNP MSP and journalist
- Peter Lederer CBE, Chairman of Gleneagles Hotel
- David Melding AM, Deputy Presiding Officer of the Welsh Assembly
- Conor Murphy MP and former Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Dan McDonald, businessman and sponsor of N56
- Alastair McIntosh, ecologist and writer
- Rev Richard Frazer, minister of Greyfriars Kirk
*I had to walk away from the TV this evening. Elly had to suffer through it because it’s ‘work’.