My mum’s potato salad recipe
Use small salad potatoes or small Jersey Mids or Jersey Royals. The quantity does not matter & does not alter the recipe.
- Boil the potatoes until just pierceable with a thin skewer.
- Pour off the hot water and cool the potatoes in cold water.
- When cool, peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices or, if they are very small, cut into halves.
- For the dressing
- use olive oil and white-wine- or tarragon-vinegar.
- Use just enough liquid to moisten and mix into the potatoes to coat all.
- Add salt to taste if desired.
- Chop 2 or 3 gherkins into very small pieces and mix into the salad.
- If non-vegetarians or non-vegans are eating the salad, one can add very thinly sliced Kabana (a very thin Polish sausage).
That’s all. Eat & enjoy.
n.b. As a small child, I had never eaten potato salad with mayo.