|2005-10-04 00:24:00||relieved||electrobank-The Chemical Brothers-Dig Your own hole|
It’s with a mixture of glee and nostalgia that I delete my “Treasurer of Community Council” email signature. I’m pleased to see the back of the work but sad that I didn’t get further towards streamlining procedures (such as producing my reports in html that the secretary won’t sneer at) and reducing the amount of time it takes to process a transaction:
- enter item in spreadsheet of all transactions
- enter item in spreadsheet of appropriate sub-account’s transactions
- check that the two new running totals match
- write cheque
- fill in manual transaction record
- if necessary, write covering letter and envelope
- get another signatory to counter-sign the cheque
- post the cheque
- file the paper documentation.
However, I have trained my Padme and am happy to pass my glowing and buzzing baton to her. However, I’m happy to continue to guide her in the ways of the market-Force for a while yet.
Also, that’s one more step on the road to leaving…
However, my financial duties aren’t quite over:
- I still have to chair the first meeting of a “what-are-we-going-to-do-with-our-obscene-amount-of-cash” committee.
- Until the new bank-account signatories can meet me at the bank to be vetted by them, I still have to sign the cheques prepared by my successor.
- I’m still treasurer and web-weaver for Fairtrade