|2004-09-15 19:50:00||amused and bemused||Tom Waits: “Swordfishtrombone”|
So Deep Freeze want to release some records. The music is done and with the pressing plant and all they have to do is do their usual-style labels and email them to the pressing plant:
- Emily makes up the labels in Illustrator on her mac – Illustrator falls over and refuses to work.
- She comes here to make them up and email them late on the last evening before they go on holiday. The emails work fine and we assume the records will be ready on their return.
- No they’re not – the pressing plant asks us to re-email the labels, so I do so from here, CCing to work to check that they’re OK. They’re fine at work.
- The pressing plant asks for the labels to be sent on CD. I do this.
- The pressing plant asks for the labels to be resupplied as PDF, TIFF or JPG. PDF is fine but they don’t specify the resolution for TIFF and as for bloody JPGs, well, I ask you….